“There are different kinds of gifts , but the same Spirit. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good” (1 Corinthians 12:4&7)
- Our vision to Embrace God, Love our Neighbor and Serve the World define our ministries.
- Children, Altar, Prayer, Small Groups and Fellowship are important ministry areas for us.
- Other ministries are explored at Serve and throughout St. John’s online.
- We welcome the spiritual gifts you may bring to our spiritual family.
- Contact us for additional information.
St. John’s Shoppe
St. John’s Shoppe is one of this parishes’ largest ministries. This small but mighty thrift boutique offers top quality “nearly new” merchandise such as furniture and home accessories, designer apparel and accessories for men and women, hard back books, housewares, fine china and silver, jewelry and much more.
The Shoppe is operated six days per week from 10 AM – 4 PM with mainly a volunteer staff. Since opening in April 1982, Shoppe profits have generated over $3 million dollars which has been given in grants to local Collier charities. St. John’s Outreach Committee is responsible for researching and interviewing charities applying for grants, and based on detailed criteria, grants are awarded.
At the St. John’s Grant Award celebration in 2016, $160,000 was presented to 14 Collier charities during a wonderful celebration at the 9 am service. Be a blessing to others by visiting St. John’s Shoppe today at 14700 Tamiami Trail North in Naples, FL 34110 or call 239.597.9518 for more information on how to Donate, Volunteer and Shop!
St. Matthew’s House
St. Matthew’s House mission is to change lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined, as well as provide housing for the homeless and food for the needy.
For many years, St. John’s has supported this organization financially and with volunteers, through special programs like “Feeding the 5,000”, St. John’s Outreach Grants, serving weekly dinners at St. Matthew’s House, as well as participating in an annual fundraiser called the “St. Matthew’s House Golfathon.”
Order of St. Lukes
The Order of St. Luke (OSL) is an international order of healing that St. John’s has been a member of for decades. Over the past 9 years, OSL has grown in size and impact!
- Membership increased from 8 to 32 people, one of the fastest growing OSL chapters nationally.
- OSL Training Certification has averaged 4 new members per year. Implemented first 3 day intensive CHC training in 2017.
- OSL Wednesday weekly meetings focus on continuing education in OSL, CHM and other healing paradigms.
- Weekly Healing Prayer during services, Monthly Healing Eucharist on Wednesdays and Deliverance/Healing prayer by appointment.
- Yearly Healing Mission leaders include Fr. Nigel Mumford, Rev. Sharon Lewis, Fr. Paul Feider, Craig Miller and Bishop Grant & Wendy LeMarquand.
Convener Vickie Bauch fosters committed involvement, OSL Regional conferences and CHC prayer teams.
Stitches of Love
Stitches of Love is a wonderful ministry that provides knitted and stitched items for area hospitals, nursing homes and others in need. From knitted baby caps for premies, prayer shawls and adorable teddy bears children can hug.
Stitches of Love has touched the hearts and lives of many people. When a number of items are ready, they are presented at a St. John’s service for prayer and blessing, so each item has God’s blessing and grace, as well as the love of the St. John’s family permeating them.
The ladies meet 2 times per month, so if you want to be part of this neat endeavor, press Contact and we’ll be in touch!
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity seeks to put God’s love into action, bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat of Collier began in April 1978 and has built 1,600 homes for deserving families. Homes are built by volunteers supervised by Habitat contractors.
Families approved for homes need to put down a deposit on their home, invest numerous “sweat equity” hours and pay off their mortgage. St. John’s has been providing Habitat teams for years and during season our teams will be going out monthly.
We usually meet at the site on a Saturday morning, working from 7:30am-12pm, as well as having a break to snack and share. Why not join us in building a home for a deserving family by clicking on Contact. God Bless You!