We value God’s Word that shares in Matthew 22:37-39 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.”
Embrace God is to love our Lord with all of our being. Loving our Lord means being in a personal relationship with him, nurtured by personal Bible study and prayer. We also deepen this relationship through our weekend worship services, Bible studies and Prayer services. Listen to the associated audio sermon Embrace God.
Love your Neighbor:
Love your Neighbor involves caring for others in transforming ways. Forgiveness, generosity and encouragement are spiritual manifestations that powerfully touch our neighbor’s heart. Gathering together in Small Groups, Bible Studies, Special Events or Coffee Hour are ways we demonstrate loving care. Listen to the associated audio sermon Love Your Neighbor.
Serve the World:
Serve the World is God’s invitation to reach out to our broken world with the healing love of Jesus. Our Lord shared in Matthew 25:40 that “Whatever you do to one of the least of these, you do to me.” We seek to minister to the needs of the destitute, hungry and poor through programs like Habitat, St. Matthew’s House, St. John’s Thrift Shoppe, St. John’s Outreach Committee that offers grants to regional charities, and supporting missionaries in Turkey, Africa and the Dominican Republic. Listen to the associated audio sermon Serve the World.
- We believe in Godly liturgical worship and offer Traditional and Blended services.
- We celebrate Jesus as our Lord and seek to follow him in our daily lives.
- We welcome the Holy Spirit’s empowering presence into our souls.
- We believe the Bible contains the inspired Word of God and foundational life principles.
- We affirm the power of prayer and often intercede for one another, our community and the world.
- We encourage the development of a devotional life that fosters spiritual growth.
- We enjoy eating together, socializing and having fun on a frequent basis.
- We welcome everyone to join us on the spiritual journey.